Wondering why are your conversion rates low, despite massive traffic? Well, your lead capture page can be the reason behind it. The art and science of lead generation are equally essential components of converting leads into customers.
Several studies reveal marketers gain more qualified leads by sending users to a dedicated landing page instead of directing them to the home page. This results in higher conversion rates!
But that’s not all!
These lead generation pages can assist you in tracking prospect data and knowing more about your prospect demographics beyond the initial capture. These data points ultimately play a crucial role in your sales process.
So today, we will learn 13 solid steps and tips for building an awesome lead capture page to unveil the secret to higher conversions. Let’s get started!
What Is a Lead Capture Page?
A lead capture page is a landing page designed with the purpose of capturing data about your leads such as name, phone number, email, etc. This information helps you build a connection with your leads and nurture them through your marketing funnel, ultimately converting them into customers.
Take Cornerstone, an HR software, as an example. It utilizes a “Book a demo” call-to-action (CTA) on its lead capture page, prompting visitors to access a lead capture form.
With the right landing page design, you can easily create a user-friendly experience that captures leads quickly and efficiently.
Why is Lead Capture Page Beneficial?
Now that you know what a lead capture page is, let’s discover its advantages.
Increases Conversion Rates
The average conversion rate for landing pages is 160% higher than other signup forms.
By generating leads who are genuinely interested in what you offer, you are more likely to convert them into customers.
Hence, using this method helps increase the rate at which prospects become customers and ultimately boosts sales.
Provides Valuable Data
A lead capture page provides you with just what you need – a constant inflow of vital customer data.
These pages can help you get an understanding of users’ interests and preferences. Moreover, you can even track which pages of your website are bringing in the most leads.
This information lets you modify content and create better-targeted campaigns to increase conversions.
Facilitates Relationship Building
A lead capture page helps you initiate a relationship with potential customers. By offering something of value in exchange for their contact information, you create a sense of reciprocity and establish a foundation for further interaction.
Through consistent and targeted communication, you can continue to build trust, credibility, and loyalty, which are crucial for converting leads into long-term customers.
Cost-effective Lead Generation
Lead capture pages are an economical and effective way to generate leads. This is because it requires no significant investment or huge marketing campaigns.
Thus, you can save on the cost of traditional marketing methods such as billboard advertising or magazine ads.
13 Proven Steps to Craft an Irresistible Lead Capture Page
It’s time to discover what makes a good lead capture page. All aspects, including the design, CTA, and content, contribute to the effectiveness of a lead capture page. Let’s look at 13 proven steps to build a killer lead capture page:
1. Define Goals and Outcomes
Defining your objectives is the best way to start with any marketing activity.
Ask yourself, what is the motive for building this page? Do you want more leads or looking to boost sales?
Once you do that, move on to your next step, i.e., to understand your target audience. Are you catering to existing customers, potential clients, or a niche market? Here are three main types of audiences:
- Leads: Leads are the individuals who have just entered your target audience’s radar, usually with little understanding of your brand or business. These would-be customers have shown curiosity and interest, implying a potential opportunity for engagement.
- Prospects: Prospects have already interacted with you, and they know what your offer is. They’re interested in learning more about it but haven’t committed yet. It’s up to you to convert them into buyers by providing value-filled content that demonstrates the benefits of your product or service. You can offer them something that fits their needs and can get their interest.
- Current Customers: Maintaining a strong relationship with current customers and encouraging loyalty is crucial for business success. To maintain customer loyalty, implement a rewards program, send personalized offers, provide excellent customer service, encourage feedback, and offer additional value through resources, content, or early access.
These strategies build strong relationships, promote loyalty, and drive long-term business success.
As soon as you discover what you aim to achieve with your lead capture and who is your target audience, create clear and measurable targets.
2. Identify Key Information Needed
The second step is identifying the key information you need from your leads. For example, if you sell fitness equipment, ask yourself what customer information you need while you capture a lead. Make sure you only ask for data that is relevant and necessary for your defined goals.
Once you have figured out the key information, try to keep the fields in your form short and simple to simplify the process. (We will discuss this later in more detail)
Finally, place your lead capture form on your site in an easily visible area. This could be on your homepage, at the bottom of blog posts, within product pages, or even as pop-ups when visitors first land on your website.
3. Add Value With a Compelling Offer
Your lead funnel should be a delicate balance of giving and taking. Visitors offer up their info, and you offer them something valuable in return. But trust can be hard to come by in the vast world of the internet. That’s why you must offer an irresistible reward. Here are some types of rewards or incentives you can offer to add value and make your offer more compelling:
- Exclusive Content: Provide access to premium content such as e-books, whitepapers, reports, or industry insights that are not readily available to the general public.
- Free Trials or Samples: Allow potential customers to try out your product or service for a limited time or provide them with free samples to experience its benefits firsthand.
- Discounts or Coupons: Offer special discounts or coupon codes that can be redeemed for a percentage off the purchase price of a specific product or service.
- Limited-Time Offers: Create a sense of urgency by providing limited-time offers or promotions to encourage immediate action from your leads.
- Contests or Giveaways: Run contests or giveaways where participants can win prizes, such as free products, gift cards, or exclusive experiences.
- Free Consultations or Assessments: Provide free consultations or assessments that offer personalized advice or insights based on your expertise or industry knowledge.
- Access to Webinars or Workshops: Offer access to live or recorded webinars or workshops where participants can learn valuable information or acquire new skills related to their industry or niche.
- Loyalty Programs: Establish loyalty programs that reward customers for continued support with exclusive perks, discounts, or early access to new products or features.
Your lead funnel deserves the best; these rewards will keep them intrigued and eager for more.
4. Use Pre-made Lead Capture Templates
With pre-made lead capture templates, you can make the entire process effortless and efficient. These templates are created by keeping best practices in mind, making them visually appealing and interactive.
How to use them? Find your favorite templates from an interactive content platform like Outgrow. You could choose from a variety of experiences like quizzes, calculators, surveys, chatbots, giveaways, etc., and across industries. Then simply click on ‘Edit Template’ and customize it to your requirements. Finally, save it and embed it on your lead capture page. Voila!
If you want a more detailed process, we have a step-by-step guide in the last section. So stick around till the end!
Besides, they allow for customization to fit your brand and messaging. By using a pre-made template, you can quickly create a professional-looking lead capture page without the need for design skills.
This saves time and increases the likelihood of attracting and converting leads. Choose from various templates to find the one that best fits your lead funnel, and start capturing leads today.
5. Keep the Lead Capture Form Short and Simple
Too many fields can be overwhelming and cause visitors to abandon the ship. But, if you don’t collect enough information, you’ll miss out on key segmentation details.
Longer forms tend to lead to higher quality leads, but shorter forms get more conversions.
So, how do you find the perfect balance?
Having said that, you should also take inspiration from competitors and test, test, test!
If you want to know how to build a form, check out our detailed blog.
6. Craft Catchy Headlines
You will agree that you only have seconds to catch your audience’s attention and attract them to your services. So, what could be the best way to do this? The answer is to write a catchy headline. A well-crafted headline can unlock your audience’s curiosity and motivate them to convert.
Let’s take a look at Trello’s landing page doing SaaS lead generation like a pro.
Trello’s landing page uses bold fonts and colors to keep visitors interested and engaged. If we focus on the heading here, it gets straight to the point, describing what the app is about, while the sub-headline provides knowledge about the project management feature and sub-features.
7. Use Visuals to Improve Appeal
Think about what would attract you more: a page with simple text or appealing images along with the text.
Images give a unique value to your lead capture page. They capture the users’ attention.
However, using random images won’t help. Go for graphics that are relevant to your brand or page.
A great example of this is illustrated in the heat maps displayed below. It’s evident that when the baby is depicted looking directly at the reader, the majority of clicks and attention are focused on the baby.
The baby’s face captures the most visual attention.
Interestingly, when the baby’s gaze is directed toward the text on the right, it effectively guides the prospect’s gaze and attention toward the text.
8. Draft a Persuasive Copy
The content you use on your landing page can make or break your impression. It highly impacts the conversion rate as well. Hence, writing persuasive copy that is clear, benefit-driven, and concise is always crucial.
Put yourself in the customer’s shoes and identify their pain points. Highlight the advantages of your offer, and use bullet points, subheadings, and short paragraphs.
Don’t forget that your objective is to persuade visitors to take action and improve your landing page conversions.
9. Include a Clear Call-to-Action
According to research, personalized CTAs have a conversion rate that is 202% higher than regular CTAs, indicating their effectiveness in driving user engagement and conversions.
Start your free trial. Contact us. Watch video. Subscribe. Book your appointment. Download your copy.
These are some examples of calls-to-action, generally referred to as CTA’s.
So, what makes the best CTAs?
Well, they should be to the point, clear, short, and create urgency for the user. Also, don’t incorporate more than one CTA on your page. Adding numerous actions will lead to the visitor not taking any action.
10. Add Social Proof
By showcasing partner logos, testimonials, and the experiences of satisfied customers, you can effectively leverage social proof to increase trust and encourage conversions.
Take SEMrush as an example. It does a fantastic job by combining their social proof into the page’s design. When you scroll down, you will find the awards. The company utilizes authority indicators to verify SEMrush’s value.
11. Mind the Device Compatibility and Speed
You must have encountered webpages with text and images everywhere with a slow load time. Don’t do that with yours. Focus on the format and professionally align your text and images.
Moreover, a bulk of internet traffic today comes from mobiles. So, designing a mobile-friendly landing page is not just good practice, it’s a necessity! A fantastic rule of thumb is to analyze your capture page both from a desktop and mobile device.
If the lead capture page appears good on your PC but bad on mobile, you must work on it.
12. Address Privacy Concerns
This is not in terms of improving conversion rate but of being obedient to privacy laws. Besides, it is a necessity for several ad platforms, such as Facebook, if you want to market your capture page with paid traffic.
13. Test Before Launching
Test, test, and retest!
Always experiment with design elements like copy, CTA color, and form length to develop the best-converting lead capture page.
It’s worth noting that one thing that works for one audience may not work for the other.
Hence, to ensure success, always conduct A/B tests on your page. Each test should have a theory, and the outcomes of every test should offer insight.
Over time, this optimization approach will direct you to a better-performing capture page and a better insight into your target market.
How to Create a Lead Capture Page With Outgrow
Building a capture page doesn’t have to be tough! With a reliable no-code platform, getting your page ready within a few clicks is possible.
You can create an entire page using the giveaway content type or embed interactive content like polls, quizzes, chatbots, etc., in your regular landing page. This will turn your landing page into a lead-capturing platform.
Method 1: Create a Page with Giveaway Content Type
- As soon as you log into Outgrow, you will see a list of available content types. Now to set your lead capture page, click on the Giveaway.
- Next, you can create the entire page from scratch or use the available templates.
- Once you’ve chosen your template, decide between two types of giveaways: Contest or Random. If you opt for Random, the Giveaway will be randomly presented to users who enter. On the other hand, the Contest mode will need some form of competition or challenge to determine the winner.
- You can draft your heading, subheading, button text, and more with the panel on the right. Ensure you write actionable and engaging content that interests your prospects.
- Once you’ve set everything up, you can publish your changes to make your page live.
Method 2: Create an Interactive Content Embed for Your Lead Capture Page
If you already have a landing page or use other tools for creating landing pages, you can still up your game with Outgrow. Create a basic landing page and then embed interactive content like quizzes, calculators, polls, chatbots, etc. on it. There are various types of embed styles that you can use such as in-page, popup style, chatbot style, etc.
To create an interactive lead capture page embed using a quiz, calculator, poll, or survey, follow these steps:
- Log into Outgrow and access the content types. Choose the type that suits your needs, such as Quiz, Calculator, Poll, or Survey.
- Select the specific template or start from scratch to customize the design and content of your interactive element.
- Customize the questions, options, and overall structure of your interactive content. Ensure to include engaging and relevant questions that capture the interest of your prospects. You can also change design elements like colors, fonts, backgrounds, and other visual elements to align with your branding.
- Configure the lead capture form fields you want to collect from your users. You can ask for email addresses, names, phone numbers, or other relevant information.
- Once you are satisfied with the setup, press ‘Live’ to publish your interactive element. You can preview it to ensure everything looks and functions as intended.
- After publishing, go to the Configure tab and look for the ‘Embed on a Webpage’ option. Choose your preferred embed style and copy the embed code given there.
- Now, go to your landing page or website editor where you want to embed the interactive lead capture piece and paste the copied code into the HTML or embed section. Save the changes and publish.
Users who visit your landing page will now be able to interact with the quiz, calculator, poll, or survey. And upon completion, they will be prompted to fill out the lead capture form.
The captured leads will be stored in your Outgrow account, and you can access them for further analysis or integration with other marketing tools.
Ready to Capture Some Awesome Leads?
That brings us to the conclusion of the blog! Now you know that building a thrilling lead capture page is essential for enhancing your conversions and driving higher qualified leads.
With the steps mentioned above, you can create a page that compels your visitors to take some action. Besides, using lead capture software can make your entire journey effortless.
Among different tools available in the market, Outgrow is one of the most unique kind if lead capture tools. It assists you in streamlining the process of building engaging pieces like calculators, forms, quizzes, and much more. With this no-code tool, you can acquire qualified leads and boost your business today. So, if you want to try it out, sign up for Outgrow’s 7-day free trial today!